Use one of these Late Payment Letters when your credit bureau reports you as making one or more late payments on one or your accounts, and you have proof that you paid on-time.
In situations when you can’t locate your records these letters will be your next best option. These letters were written to cover cases where payments made from a bank account that has been closed, or payments not being made in a consistent manner, such as some payments from a checking account one month money order another month and so on.
Unfortunately when you can’t locate your records and use these letters you may have to duplicate this request. Even if this error does get corrected it may come back, the creditor will sometimes update past records they have. Remember that creditors pay the reporting agencies (Trans Union, Equifax, Experian) when they report payment histories.
Late Payment Credit Repair Letters
- All Credit Repair Letters
- With Records of Proof Letter
- Without Records of Proof Letter
Use These Without Records of Proof Letters
- Individual Experian Accounts: Individual Experian Without Records of Proof Letter
- Individual TransUnion Accounts: Individual TransUnion Without Records of Proof Letter
- Individual Equifax Accounts: Individual Equifax Without Records of Proof Letter
- Joint Experian Accounts: Joint Experian Without Records of Proof Letter
- Joint TransUnion Accounts: Joint TransUnion Without Records of Proof Letter
- Joint Equifax Accounts: Joint Equifax Without Records of Proof Letter
Sample Without Records of Proof Letter
[City, State Zip]
[Credit Bureau Address]
[City, State Zip]
RE: [Creditor Name and Account number]
This letter is to inform you that the above creditor is reporting me as being late in [MY/OUR] payments and is an error. On this account [I/WE] have never been late with a payment. I am requesting a copy of this proof, and their procedure for payment process. If they fail to provide this proof, then I expect to see this error removed and corrected and restore my true credit rating. This reporting error is negatively affecting my credit rating. As you are aware, failure to comply with federal regulations by credit reporting agencies are in serious violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and may be investigated by the FTC.
Please correct this error as soon as possible. Please send me notification when it has been corrected since it is negatively affecting my credit.
Thank you for your help,
[Your name typed]