Use one of these Late Payment Letters when your credit bureau reports you as making one or more late payments on one or your accounts, and you have proof that you paid on-time.
Use these letters when you have acceptable proof of your payments. Copies of bank records, money orders, cahiers checks or any other traceable payment methods will need to be attached to these letters. When having your proof available will expedite this correction, and in most cases you will not have to duplicate this process or address it again.
Late Payment Credit Repair Letters
- All Credit Repair Letters
- With Records of Proof Letter
- Without Records of Proof Letter
Use These With Records of Proof Letters
- Individual Experian Accounts: Individual Experian With Records of Proof Letter
- Individual TransUnion Accounts: Individual TransUnion With Records of Proof Letter
- Individual Equifax Accounts: Individual Equifax With Records of Proof Letter
- Joint Experian Accounts: Joint Experian With Records of Proof Letter
- Joint TransUnion Accounts: Joint TransUnion With Records of Proof Letter
- Joint Equifax Accounts: Joint Equifax With Records of Proof Letter
Sample With Records of Proof Letter
[City, State Zip]
[Credit Bureau Address]
[City, State Zip]
RE: [Creditor Name and Account number]
This letter is to inform you that the above creditor is reporting me as being late in [MY/OUR] payments and is an error. [MY/OUR]) records show that we have never been late with a payment. [I/WE] have attached a copy of [MY/OUR] records. This reporting error is negatively affecting my credit rating. As you are aware, failure to comply with federal regulations by credit reporting agencies are in serious violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act and may be investigated by the FTC.
Please correct this error as soon as possible. Please send me notification when it has been corrected since it is negatively affecting my credit.
Thank you for your help,
[Your name typed]