Regarding Past Due in Collection During Bankruptcy Letters: Generally a chapter 13 bankruptcy will restructure past due debt. In most cases, that past due debt is made part of the Chapter 13. Therefore protecting against standard collection methods, providing payments are being paid as agreed in the bankruptcy agreement. Confirm this and all other questions with the bankruptcy attorney that was hired. This is not to be considered legal advice.
Past Due in Collection Letters
- All Credit Repair Letters
- Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter
- Past Due During Bankruptcy Letter
- Past Due in Collection During Bankruptcy Letter
Use These Past Due in Collection Letters
- Individual Experian Accounts: Individual Experian Past Due in Collection Bankruptcy Letter
- Individual TransUnion Accounts: Individual TransUnion Past Due in Collection Bankruptcy Letter
- Individual Equifax Accounts: Individual Equifax Past Due in Collection Bankruptcy Letter
- Joint Experian Accounts: Joint Experian Past Due in Collection Bankruptcy Letter
- Joint TransUnion Accounts: Joint TransUnion Past Due in Collection Bankruptcy Letter
- Joint Equifax Accounts: Joint Equifax Past Due in Collection Bankruptcy Letter
Sample Past Due During Bankruptcy Letter
[City, State Zip]
[Credit Bureau Address]
[City, State Zip]
RE: [Company Name] is Showing in Collections
This letter is to inform you that I am disputing the fact that the above [Company Name] is reporting that [I/WE] are in collection and past due. This account is listed in our bankruptcy. To my knowledge we are currently protected from such negative reporting. Attached you will find a copy of the creditors listed in the bankruptcy and as you can see [Company Name] is included. Bankruptcy law protects us from this being used to negatively affect our credit record.
Please correct this error as soon as possible. Please send me notification when it has been corrected since it is negatively affecting my credit.
Thank you for your help,
[Your name typed]