Use this Reporting Money Due After Bankruptcy Letter to inform the Credit Bureau that an account showing an amount still due is in error. It should show that the account has been satisfied due to the discharge of your Bankruptcy. You will need to attach a copy of your Bankruptcy discharge papers as proof of your claim.
Generally most creditors will not make any reporting to the agencies during an active bankruptcy, so when the discharge of the debt is finalized the creditors usually won’t update the file. If this is the case, then use this letter to close and update this creditor’s file. Remember creditors have to pay the credit agencies when they report on the bureau, if this account is closed no money is coming their way, and probably lost some through the bankruptcy, and will not update the account.
Reporting Money Due After Bankruptcy Letters
- All Credit Repair Letters
- Foreclosure After Bankruptcy Letter
- Judgments After Bankruptcy Letter
- Reporting Money Due After Bankruptcy Letter
- Reporting in Collection After Bankruptcy Letter
Use These Reporting Money Due After Bankruptcy Letters
- Individual Experian Accounts: Individual Experian Foreclosure After Bankruptcy Letter
- Individual TransUnion Accounts: Individual TransUnion Foreclosure After Bankruptcy Letter
- Individual Equifax Accounts: Individual Equifax Foreclosure After Bankruptcy Letter
- Joint Experian Accounts: Joint Experian Foreclosure After Bankruptcy Letter
- Joint TransUnion Accounts: Joint TransUnion Foreclosure After Bankruptcy Letter
- Joint Equifax Accounts: Joint Equifax Foreclosure After Bankruptcy Letter
Sample Reporting Money Due After Bankruptcy Letter
[City, State Zip]
[Credit Bureau Address]
[City, State Zip]
RE: [Creditor Name listing foreclosure & Account Number]
This letter is to inform you that I am disputing the fact that the above Company is reporting me as being in foreclosure. This foreclosure has been satisfied and paid to current status through my bankruptcy. The discharge of my bankruptcy also discharged the foreclosure.
Attached you will find a copy of creditors listed in the bankruptcy and a copy of the discharge papers.
Please correct this error as soon as possible. Please send me notification when it has been corrected since it is negatively affecting my credit.
Thank you for your help,
[Your name typed]