Use this Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter to inform the credit bureau that you are protected by bankruptcy law and they cannot legally show you as being in foreclosure, nor show any amount due.
If a chapter 13 bankruptcy is filed after a foreclosure has been initiated and all payments are being made according to the bankruptcy agreement then use this letter if the mortgage company is reporting past due and/or foreclosure. Speak with the bankruptcy attorney used for specific and legal advice. As far as the credit agencies are concerned send the bankruptcy list of creditors when using this form letter. This is not to be considered as legal advice.
- All Credit Repair Letters
- Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter
- Past Due During Bankruptcy Letter
- Past Due in Collection During Bankruptcy Letter
Use These Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letters
- Individual Experian Accounts: Individual Experian Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter
- Individual TransUnion Accounts: Individual TransUnion Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter
- Individual Equifax Accounts: Individual Equifax Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter
- Joint Experian Accounts: Joint Experian Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter
- Joint TransUnion Accounts: Joint TransUnion Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter
- Joint Equifax Accounts: Joint Equifax Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter
Sample Foreclosure During Bankruptcy Letter
[City, State Zip]
[Credit Bureau Address]
[City, State Zip]
RE: [Creditor Name listing foreclosure & Account Number]
This letter is to inform you that I am disputing the fact that the above Creditor is reporting me as being in foreclosure. This foreclosure is listed as part of my bankruptcy which [I/WE] have been paying as agreed. Attached you will find a copy of my payment history for the bankruptcy. Therefore we are protected by bankruptcy law and should not be reported as in foreclosure on the credit report or any amount past due.
Please correct this error as soon as possible. Please send me notification when it has been corrected since it is negatively affecting my credit.
Thank you for your help,
[Your name typed]